To promote the early entry of students into research, the Pre-MARC program includes a focus on new courses and curricular reforms of existing courses to do the following:
- Increase the success of students in the foundational science and mathematics courses (general biology, general chemistry, physics, calculus, and statistics).
- Provide course-based training in basic biomedical and behavioral science research skills.
- Engage students in authentic, course-based research
- Increase awareness of scientific research as a profession, The Pre-MARC program is open to all UF students.
- Increase the availability of mentored research opportunities for freshmen and sophomores.
These courses are open to all UF students who have the appropriate prerequisites. Use the links at left to learn more about the Pre-MARC program.